The Veepeak OBDCheck BLE Bluetooth OBD II Scanner ($31.99)is the one we use in our videos in conjunction with the Car Scanner app. It works with both Android and iPhone.
If you want to monitor key sensors on your Mach-E, this device is perfect. Some of the things we track using the Veepeak: power output, regen levels, charging stats, and battery temps. You can also use it to read any error diagnostic codes.
Example screen from Car Scanner:
Key features of the Veepeak ODB II Scanner:
- Compatible with a wide range of third-party apps such as OBD Fusion, Torque and Car Scanner which can turn your iPhone, iPad or Android phone/tablet into a sophisticated car scan tool.
- Read diagnostic trouble codes and freeze frame & other diagnostic data, reset check engine light, view real-time sensor readings, create customized dashboard, estimate fuel economy, and do more with a proper App.
- Compatible with OBD II / EOBD compliant cars and light trucks (model year 1996 or newer in the US, including pickup trucks, hybrid and many electric vehicles; may require special apps).
- Compatible with iOS (no Bluetooth pairing needed; connect in the app) & Android devices (head units not recommended). No complex settings or tricky connections plus much lower power consumption compared to WiFi, and it does not block internet access for other apps.
- Easy to plug in and unplug. A third-party App is required (check recommendations in the description below, some may require separate purchase). Comes with one-year replacement warranty.
Veepeak ODB II scanner
Great ODB II scanner
This scanner is perfect for monitoring the tech details of your Mach-E (or other cars).